This vegetarian Weight Watchers recipe takes a healthy spin on a popular Punjabi staple – aloo gobi – a potato and cauliflower curry, but in tray-bake form.
SmartPoints per serving: 5
SmartPoints per recipe: 19
15 minutes preparation
35 minutes cooking
- 500g new potatoes, raw
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 1 whole cauliflower, raw, leaves discarded, broken into florets and stem roughly chopped
- 90ml lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp, level cumin seeds
- 3 tsp coriander seeds
- 300g tomato, roughly chopped
- 250g 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp coriander, fresh, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 2 medium spring onions, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil over a medium heat, add the potatoes and half the turmeric and cook for 6 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Transfer the parboiled potatoes to a large roasting tin with the onions and cauliflower. Whisk together the lemon juice, oil, curry powder, remaining turmeric, cumin and coriander seeds in a small jug. Season, then pour over the vegetables and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes and roast for another 5-10 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and the potatoes tender.
- Serve topped with the yogurt, coriander and spring onions.
If you’re looking to build healthy habits, why not try WW – the new Weight Watchers? Vitality members can get a six month subscription to WW for just £30.