Make this delicious one pot your new Friday night treat. It goes really well with stir fry veggies.
Per serve: 14
Per recipe: 55
20 minutes preparation
18 minutes cooking
- calorie controlled cooking spray
- 500 g (1lb 2 oz) lean fillet steak, cut into thin strips
- 45 g (1 1/2 oz) red Thai curry paste
- 400 g (14 oz) waxy potatoes, such as Desiree, peeled and cut into even chunks
- 300 ml (10 fl oz) beef or vegetable stock
- 400 ml can reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 150 g (5 1/2 oz) frozen peas
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- Heat a wide saucepan over a high heat and spray with cooking spray. Cook the beef strips and curry paste for 1-2 minutes, in batches, stirring until lightly browned. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add the potatoes, stock and coconut milk to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until almost tender. Add the red pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan and add the peas. Bring to a simmer and cook for a further 3 minutes until the peas are cooked. Season and serve immediately.
Freezing: At the end of step 3, divide equally between foil trays or containers. Leave to go cold. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost and reheat on a low heat for 5-7 minutes until piping hot, stirring occasionally. Alternatively microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring half way through. Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.