Pimp your pittas with this North African-inspired dish. You’ll get bags of flavour from the Moroccan spices, sweet currants and sharp feta, and a welcome crunch from the shredded carrots
Per serve: 8
Per recipe: 33
10 minutes preparation
15 minutes cooking
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
- 6 teaspoons Tesco Finest ras el hanout
- 120g spinach
- 4 individual Weight Watchers love fibre pitta breads
- 130g tomato based pasta sauce
- 30g light feta cheese
- 2 medium carrots, raw, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, level
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 10 sprigs coriander, fresh
- 1 tablespoon currants, heaped
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Add the mince and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 3 minutes or until browned. Add the ras-el-hanout and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in the spinach until just wilted.
- Put the pittas on a large baking tray. Spread with the pasta sauce, spoon over the mince and scatter over the feta. Bake for 8 minutes or until the pittas are crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine the carrots, paprika, lemon juice, coriander and currants in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve the pittas topped with the carrot salad.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.