This veggie curry is delicious served with brown rice and fresh mango.
Per serve: 6
Per recipe: 24
10 minutes preparation
25 minutes cooking
- 4 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 inch slice root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 individual chilli, green or red, use red, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 pinch paprika, smoked
- 1 tablespoon tomato purèe
- 250g mushrooms, chestnut, cleaned and sliced
- 1 can chick peas, cooked, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans tinned tomatoes (400g each)
- 260g spinach, baby leaf
- 4 pieces Weight Watchers Garlic & Coriander Folded Naan Breads, warmed, to serve
- 2 sprigs coriander, fresh, to serve
- Mist a large pan with cooking spray. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften, then add the garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook for another minute, add the spices and tomato purée, then cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes until they begin to colour. Stir in the chickpeas and tomatoes, and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 12-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir through the spinach to wilt.
- Serve the curry with a side of warm naan bread and garnished with a few sprigs of coriander.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.