Roll up for this delicious vegetarian aubergine cannelloni pasta dish.
Per serve: 13
Per recipe: 51
25 minutes preparation
35 minutes cooking
- 1 spray calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium abergine, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 100g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 level tablespoons tomato purèe
- 250g lasagne sheet, dry, cut in half
- 350g Loyd Grossman tomato & basil sauce (or similar)
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs, dried
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large dried basil leaf, to garnish
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan or sauté pan with low fat cooking spray and stir-fry the aubergine, onion and pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for another 2-3 minutes, then add the tomato purèe. Remove from the heat. Season to taste, then cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C, fan oven 170°C. Spray a large oblong baking dish with calorie controlled cooking spray.
- Lay the lasagne sheets on a work surface and share the filling between them. Roll them up and place in the baking dish. (N.B. if the lasagne sheets are not flexible, put them in a dish and pour boiling water over them to soften them first, before adding the filling). Pour the pasta sauce on top. Mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle evenly over the sauce. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling. Serve at once, garnished with basil leaves.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.