Published: 24 April 2020
Week 4 of our Vitality at Home series. This week, our ambassadors and champs share three tasty recipes for you to try, as well as a whole host of book, TV show, film and podcast recommendations to help you switch off and chill in the evenings. Check them out…
Vitality Performance Champ and former Rugby 7’s player James Rodwell shared this quick and delicious smoothie recipe – perfect for breakfast on the go.
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
1 x banana
1 x cup of oats
Handful of blueberries
Handful of frozen berries
1 x tbsp peanut butter
Handful of spinach
Glass of water
Simply pop all your ingredients into the blender and pulse until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy. The perfect way to start your morning.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 x white onion
- 2 x peppers – red and yellow
- Carton of mushrooms
- 2 x jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 x tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 green chilli pepper
- 2 x sticks of lemongrass
- 3cm piece of ginger
- 2 x garlic cloves
- Large handful of fresh coriander
- 4 x lime leaves
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Fish sauce
- Olive oil
- 1 x tin of light coconut milk
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook mushrooms for 5 minutes
- Add peppers and onions. Cook on a mid to high heat for 5-10minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Separately, blend together roasted peppers, tomato puree, lemongrass, chilli peppers, ginger, garlic, coriander, lime leaves, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce and olive oil. This creates the paste for the curry.
- Add paste to the pan with vegetables and stir in until covered. Cook for another 5-10 minutes on a low to medium heat.
- Add coconut milk and stir thoroughly.
- Get creative and add some green vegetables like sugar snap peas or mange tout, you can add some protein like chicken, prawns or tofu.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriander on top and it’s good to go!
England and Saracens rugby player Maro Itoje breaks down his veggie cousous dish.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 3 x spring onions
- 3 x onions
- 1 x yellow pepper
- 3 x carrots
- A Scotch bonnet
- 1 x garlic clove
- Chilli olive oil
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Garlic pepper
- Dried mixed herbs
- Stock cube
- Chop all vegetables and place in a deep frying pan
- Add olive oil and begin to cook through
- Crumble the stock cube to bring out the flavours of the vegetables
- Add chilli olive oil, soy sauce, garlic pepper, mixed herbs and pepper – season to your personal taste
- Put couscous in a bowl and add boiling water. Make sure the water level is approximately 2ml above couscous
- Once couscous has absorbed water, add to the vegetables
- Leave on low heat and keep stirring to combine
- Serve and enjoy
Want something new to watch, listen to or read? Here are our champs and ambassador’s top recommendations. Enjoy!
Rocket Man – Ellie Simmonds
The Matrix – Johnny Wilkinson
Shawshank Redemption – Tracey Neville
The Sopranos – Seb Coe
Peaky Blinders – Ellie Simmonds
Please Like Me – Heather Knight
Julia Donaldson books – Jessica Ennis-Hill
The Handmaid’s Tale – Heather Knight
Brit(ish) – Maro Itoje
Everything I Know About Love – Fran Williams
This Is Going To Hurt – Ellie Simmonds
Happy Mum, Happy Baby – Jodie Gibson
Don’t Tell Me The Score – Gabby Marshall
Follow the full series over on our Instagram: @vitality_uk.