This protein rich smoothie packed with superfood goodness is great after a workout to aid muscle recovery or makes a good ‘on the go’ energy boosting breakfast that will help keep you full until lunch.
- 250ml almond, coconut, or hemp milk
- 1 medium banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tablespoon maca powder
- 125g pea protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Ice cubes
Place all the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
Tip: if you make up this recipe and add a little maple syrup, pop it in the freezer for a few hours to make a delicious ice cream alternative.