This Weight Watchers recipe soy roasts aubergines in Asian flavours until tender and succulent before serving with fragrant rice.
Per serve: 9
Per recipe: 34
10 minutes preparation
40 minutes cooking
- 700g baby aubergines, halved lengthways
- 2 tsps of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of Blue Dragon Mirin
- 1 tbsp of Groovy Food Co. Agave Nectar Light & Mild
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 level teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 240g Tesco Thai Fragrant Rice
- 150g peas, fresh or frozen
- 20ml lime juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp of coriander, fresh, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Put the aubergines in a large roasting tray. In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, mirin, agave, soy, peanut butter and chilli flakes. Pour the marinade over the aubergines and stir well to ensure they are well covered. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until soft and sticky.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions. Bring another pan of water to the boil and cook the peas for 3-4 minutes. Drain.
- When the rice is cooked, drain and add the peas. Squeeze in the lime juice, season and stir through the fresh coriander.
- Serve the sticky aubergines with the rice.
Tip: If you can’t find baby aubergines, use larger ones and cut them into quarters lengthwise, then cut each piece in half.
If you’re looking to build healthy habits, why not try WW – the new Weight Watchers? Vitality members can get a six month subscription to WW for just £30.