After weeks working from home, the motivation to make delicious, nutritious and exciting lunches might have wavered. We asked olympian Lizzie Simmonds what her favourite go-to lunch recipe is and how to make it. Lizzie shows us how to make a quick and easy omelette at home – packed with protein and vegetables!
- 3 x large eggs
- Cooking oil or butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Fillings of your choice (Lizzie uses bell peppers and plum tomatoes)
- Handful of grated cheese (you can opt for vegan cheese if you prefer)
- Step 1: Fry your fillings of choice in a little cooking oil or butter until they begin to soften
- Step 2: Crack eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper (to taste) and whisk together
- Step 3: Add a little butter to your non-stick frying pan and heat until golden brown. Add eggs to pan.
- Step 4: Gently mix your eggs around the pan, as if you were making scrambled eggs. Make sure you keep the bottom of the pan covered with the egg mixture.
- Step 5: Once the mixture begins to solidify, add your fillings on one side and your cheese on the other side
- Step 6: Fold your omelette into half and allow to cook for another two minutes
- Step 7: Serve omelette onto plate and enjoy!
After another lunch idea recipe? Why not try Seb Coe’s delicious greek salad recipe – healthy and quick to make when you are short on time.