“Save the seeds when decorating your pumpkin this Halloween and use them as a scrumptious salad topper” – suggests food blogger Safrina Nishad
- 1 cup leftover pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
To make the toasted pepitas
- Preheat oven to 150°C, fan 130°C, gas 2
- Wash the pumpkin seeds thoroughly and remove any pumpkin pulp that is sticking to it. Wipe the seeds using a kitchen towel or let them dry overnight in the kitchen counter.
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin seeds, olive oil, maple syrup and smoked paprika.
- Bake in a parchment lined baking tray for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring once half way through.
- Store in an airtight container and sprinkle over salads, dips and soups or enjoy as a tasty snack.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.