Why not swap the Pimms for this showstopper? It smells wonderful, and the woody, citrus notes of lemongrass stop it from becoming too sweet. This is one to make when the shops and markets are full of peaches, and you can come home with a whole boxful
You will need:
- ½ stalk lemongrass, cut in half lengthways
- A large sprig of mint
- 1 ripe peach, sliced into wedges
- 250ml cloudy apple juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Ice cubes
- Sparkling water
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, to stir
- Muddle the ½ stalk lemongrass and the sprig of mint in a jug. Add the peach, apple juice and lemon, and leave to stand for at least an hour. This will help the ﬂavours to develop.
- Half ﬁll a tumbler with ice, pour in some juice and top up with sparkling water. Add a lemongrass stalk to use as a swizzle stick.
Recipe extracted from Dry: Non-alcoholic Cocktails, Cordials and Clever Concoctions, by Clare Liardet (Bantham Press, RRP £9.99)