Published: 10 April 2020
Looking for some dinner inspo? England cricketer Joe Root has shared his quick and easy prawn and tomato pasta recipe.
All you need is two pans, pasta, tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree, spinach, some cheese and a squeeze of lemon to make this quick and easy pasta dish.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 x fistfuls of pasta
- 1 x clove of garlic; crushed
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 x handful of spinach
- 1 x packet of cooked king prawns
- Squeeze of lemon
- Sprinkle of cheese for serving
- Salt and pepper to season
- Boil the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Fry off the tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree until nice and soft.
- Add in your spinach, squeezing in your lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Throw your prawns in and mix around to coat in the sauce.
- Combine your pasta with the sauce, sprinkle on your cheese and et voila – dinner is served.
Let us know how you get on at home making Joe’s recipe by tagging us on Instagram @vitality_uk and using #StayHealthyAtHome