Beetroot contains a nutrient called nitric oxide, which is very good for our blood. It helps to cleanse and support the red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body – boosting energy levels and encouraging circulation in the process.
- 40g cooked beetroot (in natural juice, no vinegar)
- 40g carrot
- 40g apple
- 40g blueberries
- 200ml apple juice or coconut water
- 1cm fresh ginger (optional)
- Blitz the beetroot, carrot, apple and blueberries in a blender or smoothie maker. These can be fresh or frozen.
- Once blended, add 200ml of apple juice or coconut water.
Tip: Add a 1cm piece of fresh ginger to your recipe to zing up the flavour, support digestive cleansing and pack some additional anti-inflammatory benefits in to your smoothie.
Get 75% off Champneys Healthy Breaks
Relax, unwind and detox at the award-winning Champneys spa resorts.
You’ll get 75% off Champneys Spa Days and one, two and three night Spa Stays.
Terms and conditions apply.