Published: 10 April 2020
Hands up, who loves pancakes? Team GB Paralympian Ellie Simmonds certainly does and has given us her delicious, healthy banana pancakes recipe. Perfect for weekend breakfasts – and with a few twists can be made naughty or nice.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 x banana
- 1 x egg
- Scoop of flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- Splash of milk
- Honey, fruit and yogurt for serving
- Mash up your banana in a bowl, crack in your egg and add your flour, baking powder and milk.
- Stir it all together until the mixture forms the consistency of smooth, thin paste.
- Add a dollop of coconut oil to your frying pan and get it nice and hot.
- Add in two big spoonfuls of your mixture and fry off until golden brown, flipping the pancakes to ensure they’re evenly cooked.
- Once cooked, stack your pancakes on top of each other and get ready for the fun bit – adding your toppings.
- Ellie’s opted to keep her pancakes healthy with fruit, yogurt and a squeeze of honey, but you can add whatever you like to yours – chocolate, cinnamon or syrup.
Let us know how you serve your banana pancakes by tagging us on Instagram @vitality_uk, using #StayHealthyAtHome.