In day two of our ‘Eat like an Olympian’ series Seb Coe challenged Paralympian Ellie Simmonds to cook a nutritious main course. She’s come up with a delicious, nutrient-packed broccoli gnocchi dish, complete with crème fraiche for a lovely creamy texture.
Ellie adds nuts to her final dish for some extra protein as a vegetarian option, but you can mix it up and add tofu, chicken and even change gnocchi for pasta.
- 100g gnocchi (per person)
- Long stem broccoli
- Crème fraiche
- Garlic oil or clove
- 1 x lemon (for juice & zest)
1. Chop each of your long stem broccoli three pieces
2. Put crème fraiche, garlic oil or clove, mustard, 1/2 lemon juice and 1/2 lemon zest into a bowl with a little salt & pepper for your sauce.
3. Place your broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes
4. Add gnocchi to boiling water with broccoli and cook until it rises to the top
5. Add broccoli, gnocchi and peas to a frying pan and cook for a couple of minutes
6. Add spinach and cook until wilted
7. Add sauce and cook through
8. Serve your gnocchi dish!
Give Ellie’s gnocchi a go – we’d love to know how you get. Tag us on Instagram @vitality_uk, using #StayHealthyAtHome.