Published: 24 April 2020
Looking for a healthy and delicious dinner for tonight? Well we have you sorted! Team GB Olympic Swimmer Lizzie Simmonds has shared her Thai Red Curry recipe with us – full of flavour, super versatile and packed with veggies. #StayHealthyAtHome with this yummy and easy mid-week recipe.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 x white onion
- 2 x peppers – red and yellow
- Carton of mushrooms
- 2 x jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 x tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 green chilli pepper
- 2 x sticks of lemongrass
- 3cm piece of ginger
- 2 x garlic cloves
- Large handful of fresh coriander
- 4 x lime leaves
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Fish sauce
- Olive oil
- 1 x tin of light coconut milk
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook mushrooms for 5 minutes
- Add peppers and onions. Cook on a mid to high heat for 5-10minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Separately, blend together roasted peppers, tomato puree, lemongrass, chilli peppers, ginger, garlic, coriander, lime leaves, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce and olive oil. This creates the paste for the curry.
- Add paste to the pan with vegetables and stir in until covered. Cook for another 5-10 minutes on a low to medium heat.
- Add coconut milk and stir thoroughly.
- Get creative and add some green vegetables like sugar snap peas or mange tout, you can add some protein like chicken, prawns or tofu.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriander on top and it’s good to go!
Give this one a go at home and share your finished dishes by tagging us on Instagram @vitality_uk and using #StayHealthyAtHome.