Chef Rukmini Iyer’s beautiful vegetarian dish tastes as good as it looks. Assemble all the ingredients on a tray and this one practically cooks itself. Serve with Greek yogurt and some couscous on the side.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25-30 minutes
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 teaspoons harissa
- 125g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 30g pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 20g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Remove the greens from the cauliflower and put them in the roasting tin with the onion. Drizzle with some of the olive oil and season.
- Slice the cauliflower from top to bottom into four thick steaks and lay these in the tin along with the greens and red onion. Rub each steak on both sides with ½ teaspoon of harissa. Season, then press the goat’s cheese on to each steak.
- Mix the pine nuts, panko breadcrumbs and parsley with a pinch of sea salt, then scatter a quarter of this over each cauliflower steak, pressing down lightly.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then transfer to the oven to roast for 25-30 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and the cauliflower is just cooked through.
- Serve the steaks with couscous and Greek yogurt, with the crispy leaves and onions alongside.
Recipe extracted from The Green Roasting Tin (£16.99, Square Peg)
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.