Sometimes salads don’t seem exciting, but it’s all about what you add to them! We asked olympian Samantha Murray to share one of her favourite recipes with us – her Cleopatra Cauliflower Salad recipe is gluten-free, vegan and is packed with goodness and flavour, perfect for summer.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Medium sized cauliflower head
- 2x tsp Paprika
- 2x tsp Sesame seeds
- 2x tsp Hemp seeds
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh coriander
- 3x cloves of garlic
- 1x Carrot
- Handful of radishes
- Black pepper
- 2x lemons
- 1x peach
- 1x avocado
- Large bowl of fresh rocket
Salad recipe serves 2 people
- Before starting you will need to preheat your oven to 190c.
- Chop your cauliflower into bite sized chunks. Add finely chopped onion. Add 3-4 tbsp of oil, then add a sprinkle of salt and mix well.
- Place onto a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes until crispy and a golden brown colour.
- Add the following ingredients into a food processor or simple blender. Fresh parsley, fresh coriander, quarter cup of olive oil, chopped garlic, pepper, juice of one lemon, tsp of coriander powder, tsp of cumin power and a tsp of paprika. Blend together to make your chermoula sauce.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 tsp hemp seeds, 2tsp sesame seeds (more if you like), tsp cumin powder, tsp coriander power and pepper. Mix together to create your hemp-dukkah topping for later.
- Dress your rocket in the juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add evenly to two separate bowls.
- Remove your cauliflower from the oven and place into a bowl. Add your chermoula sauce and mix together well.
- Chop carrot, peach, radishes and avocado and add on top of your rocket. You can now add the cauliflower on top. Dress your salad with the hemp-dukkah topping.
- Enjoy this nutritious salad packed with lots of different flavours!
Looking for a quick and simple lunch dish to make at home? We have another olympian dish from Lizzie Simmonds with her easy omelette recipe!