Where there are crisps, you usually won’t have to search very hard for dips. But, instead of tortilla chips, you could put on a platter of crudités (green pepper, carrot sticks and mange tout are just some ideas to name a few) and dips. Try blitzing up your own beetroot hummus for a healthy, but delicious treat.
- 500g beetroot
- 1 x 400g tin of chick peas
- 1/2 medium orange – juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1tsp horseradish
- 1tbsp tahini
- 50ml olive oil
- 100g low fat natural yogurt
- Steam beetroot until soft –peel and dice flesh and add with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients together and season.
- Serve with crudités – cucumber, pepper, celery, broccoli florets, sugar snap peas & mange tout.