Protein helps you feel fuller for longer, making this baked paprika eggs recipe from Ocado the perfect energy fuel for breakfast.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 800g chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbsp basil leaves
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 sourdough loaf
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ fan 170°C/gas mark 5. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pepper and fry for 4-5 minutes, until golden at the edges.
- Add the garlic, chilli and paprika and fry for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, breaking up a little, and simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly thickened and reduced. Stir through the sugar and season to taste.
- Divide between four ramekins and create a well in the centre of each. Crack an egg into each well, then transfer the ramekins to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the egg white has set and the yolk is cooked to your liking.
- Serve the paprika eggs scattered with the spring onions, basil leaves, chives and chilli flakes, with slices of sourdough bread.
Chef’s tip: Boost the nutritional value by adding kale to the pan with the tomatoes.