Whatever the weather, this salad combines warm and cold ingredients that will never go out of season.
Per serve: 7
Per recipe: 14
5 minutes preparation
25 minutes cooking
- 1 small red onion
- 4 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 80g Merchant Gourmet authentic puy lentils (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar (use balsamic)
- 40g feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 individual cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g rocket
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Finely dice 1/2 the onion and cut the other 1/2 into fine slices. Heat a small pan, spray with cooking spray and cook the diced onion for 2–3 mins until softened.
- Add the garlic, puy lentils and 225ml cold water. Bring to the boil, cover and gently simmer for 15–20 mins until the lentils are tender. Drain any excess water.
- Remove the lid, add 1/2 the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 4–5 mins, stirring gently.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the sliced onion, feta, tomatoes and basil. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, mix in the rocket leaves, then toss with the olive oil and remaining vinegar and divide between 2 plates.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.