This fancy salad with help you make the most of all those lovely leftovers over Christmas.
Per serve: 7
Per recipe: 27
15 minutes preparation
30 minutes cooking
- 1 medium aubergine, diced
- 2 sticks celery, raw, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed roughly
- 4 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 can Merchant Gourmet puy lentils in brine, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, in brine
- 25g Merchant Gourmet Italian sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 400g roast turkey, skinless, a mixture of breast and thigh meat
- 1/2 medium onion, red, finely diced
- 5 sprigs coriander, fresh, roughly chopped
- 4 portions rocket or gem lettuce to serve
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 3 teaspoons Morrisons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Heat the oven to gas 6/200ºC/fan 180ºC. Spread the aubergine and celery over a roasting tray, scatter with the cumin and coriander, season then mist with plenty of cooking spray. Roast for about 30 minutes, turning once, until charred and soft.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together. When the veg are ready, put the lentils, capers and tomatoes in a microwaveable bowl and cook, covered for 2½ minutes to heat through. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan, mist with cooking spray and fry the turkey for a couple of minutes until hot through. Season.
- Tip the hot lentils onto a serving platter, add the roasted vegetables, dressing, diced onion, turkey and coriander and tumble everything together gently.
- Serve with the salad leaves.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.