Wonderfully satisfying, warming and nutritious – you’ll love this flavoursome soup.
Per serve: 6
Per recipe: 23
15 minutes preparation
25 minutes cooking
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium chicken breast, skinless, raw, cut into chunks
- 4 medium shallots, or 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons root ginger
- 5 lemon grass stems, very finely sliced
- 1 chilli, green or red, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400ml Blue Dragon coconut milk light
- 568ml fresh chicken stock (1 pint)
- 2 fresh or dried lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons coriander, fresh
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan for a few seconds, then add the chicken chunks, searing them for a minute or two. Add the shallots or onion and cook, stirring, for 1 more minute.
- Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chilli, stirring well. Pour in the coconut milk and stock, then add the lime leaves. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 25-30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the chopped fresh coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then ladle into warm bowls and serve immediately.
Dried lime leaves can be bought from the spice section of your supermarket, and you can look for fresh ones in little packs of Thai seasonings with the fresh vegetables.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.