This is a simple summer chicken bake that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Per serve: 5
Per recipe: 10
15 minutes preparation
50 minutes cooking
- 250g potatoes, raw small, new, scrubbed
- 250g carrots, raw, baby, scrubbed
- 5 sprays calorie contolled cooking spray
- 2 springs rosemary, fresh, chopped (plus an extra sprig to decorate)
- 300g chicken breast, skinless, raw, boneless (2 breasts)
- 50g quark
- 1 clove garlic, small, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, lemon rind finely grated (1/2 lemon)
- 100g asparagus, raw, trimmed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C.
- Put the potatoes and carrots into a roasting dish and spray with low fat cooking spray, turning to coat them. Add the rosemary sprigs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the thickest part of each chicken breast. Mix together the quark, garlic, lemon rind and chopped rosemary. Pack this mixture into the pockets in the chicken breasts. Close them up and secure with cocktail sticks.
- Remove the roasting dish from the oven and position the chicken breasts on top. Spray with low fat cooking spray. Return to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the roasting dish from the oven and arrange the asparagus spears in the roasting pan. Return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. To check, insert a sharp knife into the thickest part of the chicken – the juices should run clear. Serve the chicken with the roasted vegetables.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.