These mixed bowls of different tastes and textures are delicious and are all over Instagram right now. The zingy tahini dressing really gives this veggie version the edge
Per serve: 6
Per recipe: 22
20 minutes preparation
30 minutes cooking
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander, dried
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 500g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 small red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 spray calorie controlled cooking spray
- 4 portions broccoli, raw, broken into small florets
- 250g kale, raw
- 160g quinoa, dry
- 1 cube vegetable stock cube, made up with 800ml hot water
- 5g root ginger, peeled and grated
- 25g tahini paste (sesame paste)
- 75g 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. In a small bowl, combine the cumin seeds, coriander, cinnamon and chilli flakes with a little seasoning.
- Put the squash, onions and garlic on a large baking tray, mist with cooking spray and toss with three-quarters of the spice mixture. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, add the broccoli and mist with cooking spray. Toss to coat, and roast for a further 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mist the kale with cooking spray, and toss with the remaining spice mixture. Add to the baking tray and roast for a final 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa, then simmer in a pan with the stock for 15-20 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a bowl. Whisk in the ginger, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, honey and 2 tbsp warm water, adding a little more water if needed.
- Serve the quinoa and vegetables with the tahini yogurt.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.