Switch potato for parsnip mash and serve creamy mushrooms with crème fraîche instead of cream for an indulgent steak dish that’s under 450 calories.
SmartPoints per serving: 13
SmartPoints per recipe: 26
Calories per serving: 448
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 17 minutes
- 2 x 150g rump steaks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 110g tenderstem broccoli
- 110g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- Rub the steaks with half the oil and season. Set aside.
- Put the parsnips in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Steam the broccoli over the pan for the last 3‑4 minutes of cooking time. Drain and mash the parsnips.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and sear the steaks for 2 minutes each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium, and 4 minutes for well done. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Stir in the crème fraîche until warmed through.
- Serve the steaks with the mash, broccoli and sauce.
Recipes courtesy of Weight Watchers magazine. Pick up your copy now or click here.