Whip up a batch of these light and fruity muffins. Recipe taken from Anthony Worrell Thompson’s cookbook ‘The Sweet Life.’
Per serve: 5.25
Per recipe: 42
15 minutes preparation
25 minutes cooking
- 200g plain white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 tablespoons artificial sweetner, granulated (such as Splenda)
- 100g raspberries, frozen, briefly thawed
- 1 medium egg, whole, raw
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g butter, melted
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 medium banana, ripe, mashed
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F. Place 8 paper muffin cases into a muffin tray, or use squares of greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sweetener and raspberries.
- Beat together the egg, vanilla extract, melted butter and milk. Stir into the dry ingredients with the mashed banana until just combined. Avoid overmixing and do not beat. The mixture will be quite lumpy, but there should not be any traces of dry flour. Spoon into the paper cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.