This soup is a perfect autumn and winter warmer. So enjoy and get into the spirit of the season!
Per serve: 0.5
Per recipe: 2
10 minutes preparation
30 minutes cooking
- 10 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 small carrot, raw, chopped
- 2 teaspoons root ginger, fresh
- 450 g pumpkin, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cubes vegetable stock cubes, make with 850 ml of hot water, ensure gluten free
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, fresh, chopped, to garnish
- Heat the cooking spray in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, apple and carrot for 3 – 4 minutes, until softened. Add the ginger and stir well.
- Add the pumpkin and stock to the saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently without a lid for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend for 15 seconds, or until smooth. Return to the saucepan, reheat and season to taste with allspice or nutmeg, salt and pepper. Serve, sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs.
If you cannot find pumpkin, try using butternut squash instead.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.