Put a little time aside this Christmas and make your own weight loss friendly mince pies – they look amazing and taste divine.
Per serve: 5
Per recipe: 63
30 minutes preparation
20 minutes cooking
- 225g plain white flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 100g low fat spread
- 3 level teaspoons icing sugar
- 1 medium egg, whole, raw, beaten
- 5 tablespoons mincemeat
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 heaped teaspoons icing sugar
- Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and rub in the low fat spread with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in the icing sugar and 2 tablespoons of the beaten egg mixture. Mix together with a knife until the pastry clings together. Form the dough into a ball, then wrap in cling film and chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C.
- Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface. Stamp out 12 rounds with a 7.5mm (3inch) cutter, then 12 rounds with a 6mm (2 1/2inch) cutter, re-rolling the pastry as necessary. Alternatively, use a star-shaped cutter to stamp out the tops.
- Place the larger rounds of pastry into patty tins. Mix the mincemeat and apple together, then share between the pies. Place the lids on top, then brush with beaten egg, to glaze.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Cool for a few minutes, then serve, sprinkled with icing sugar.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.