If you’re looking to reduce your carb intake, invest in a spiraliser – they’re not expensive! A quick and easy way to create vegetable spaghetti, it works on everything from sweet potatoes to courgettes.
Per serve: 7
Per recipe: 28
15 minutes preparation
60 minutes cooking
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, raw, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, raw, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200g green or brown lentils, cooked
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 1 cube vegetable stock, made with 1000ml hot water
- 1 sprig parsley, fresh, roughly chopped
- 450g sweet potatoes, raw, peeled and spiralised
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrot and spices, and cook for 5 minutes until just softened.
- Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes and stock and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook on a gentle heat for 40 minutes until the liquid has reduced and the lentils are tender, but retain their shape. If they need extra cooking time, top up with water and continue cooking. Season well and stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the sweet potato spirals until cooked and tender. You may need to do this in batches.
- Divide the sweet potato between plates and top with the lentil bolognese. Serve seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.