Here’s a great twist on the traditional fish and chips. Instead of a batter coating, the fish is flavoured with pesto and lemony crumbs.
Per serve: 5.5
Per recipe: 11
10 minutes preparation
26 minutes cooking
- 250g cod, raw, 2 x 125g chunky cod loin pieces
- 300g potatoes, raw, scrubbed and cut into chunky chips
- 5 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons rosemary, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 medium lemon, grated zest of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, fresh
- 10g pesto sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1 pinch salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices lemon, to serve
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/fan oven 200°C. Spray a large non stick baking sheet with the cooking spray and scatter over the potatoes, spacing them apart. Sprinkle over a teaspoon of the rosemary with some black pepper. Spray again with the cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn over the chips and cook for about 8 minutes longer until they start to brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the lemon zest and remaining rosemary with the breadcrumbs and some seasoning. Smear the whole fish with the pesto then scatter the crumbs all over.
- Put on the baking tray with the chips and tomatoes. Cook for about 8 minutes until just cooked. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Serve with 80g peas for an extra 2 ProPoints values per person or with a zero ProPoints value salad. This recipe is from the Weight Watchers cookbook – One pot meals. The book offers 60 contemporary recipes that are easy to prepare, giving you time to do other things. And, as they are all cooked in just one pot, they save on the washing up too!
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.