We’ve mixed these sweet, waxy little spuds with lots of fresh herbs to make a delicious hash
Per serve: 4
Per recipe: 15
15 minutes preparation
35 minutes cooking
- 600g potatoes, raw, larger ones halved
- 6 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 medium courgettes, halved lengthways, then sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh, chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 4 medium eggs, whole, raw
- 1 teaspoon basil, fresh, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1 teaspoon parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (Tabasco), to serve (optional)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and leave to dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the courgettes and pepper, mist with cooking spray and toss together with the chopped thyme.
- Generously mist a large pan with the spray, then cook the onion until soft, about 4-5 minutes, over a medium-low heat. Add the potatoes, courgettes and pepper with plenty of seasoning. Add a splash of water, lower the heat, and cover; cook for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat to high and cook, stirring, until the vegetables start to char, about 4 minutes. Scrape them into a large bowl and put the tomatoes in the pan. Cook, stirring often, until softened and starting to darken; this should take no more than a minute. Return all the vegetables to the pan and set aside.
- Bring a large, wide pan of water to a simmer and add the vinegar. Crack 1 egg into a small cup and then carefully pour into the pan in one go. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Cook for 3 minutes until the whites are firm and the yolks soft. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Toss the chopped herbs through the veg, then divide between 4 plates. Top with the eggs, the herb garnish, freshly ground black pepper, and Tabasco, if using.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.