This works as a delicious dessert or weekend breakfast treat. Suitable for the whole family.
Per serve: 5
Per recipe: 20
10 minutes preparation
5 minutes cooking
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 medium egg, whole, raw
- 150 ml skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 medium bananas
- 225g strawberries, stalks removed
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 4 teaspoons honey, clear
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the egg, milk and vanilla essence.
- Cut the slices of bread into triangles, then dip them in the egg and milk mixture, leaving them to soak for a few moments, so that the liquid is absorbed.
- Heat a large frying pan and spray with low fat cooking spray. Add the soaked bread triangles and cook on both sides until browned. Transfer to four warmed plates.
- Slice the bananas and strawberries over each portion. Sprinkle with the icing sugar and drizzle one teaspoon of honey over each portion. Serve at once.
A combination of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries tastes delicious too. Use 100g of each.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.