Spring means it’s time for succulent lamb. This super dish is easy to make, yet packed full of flavour.
Per serve: 6
Per recipe: 23
20 minutes preparation
30 minutes cooking
- 2 lamb racks, with bone, raw, each with 6 cutlets
- 75g breadcrumbs, dried
- Zest of 1 medium orange – finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh
- 1 individual egg white, raw, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch salt, and black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 sprigs rosemary, fresh
- 1 small onion, red, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 2 medium oranges
- 100g watercress, and rocket salad bag
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C. Place the racks of lamb in a roasting tin.
- Mix together the dried breadcrumbs, orange zest, garlic, parsley and egg white. Season with salt and pepper. Add enough warm water to make a stiff mixture. Share the mixture between the two lamb racks, packing it over the surface. Sprinkle over the rosemary. Roast for 30 minutes, covering with a sheet of foil if the coating becomes too brown.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Mix together the red onion and vinegar, leaving it to soak for 10 minutes to soften and bring out its colour. Peel the oranges with a sharp, serrated knife to remove all the peel and pith, then slice into segments, removing all the membrane. Add to the onion with the bag of salad, tossing to combine.
- Carve the lamb cutlets, allowing 3 per person. Serve with the salad.
You can buy trimmed racks of lamb from most supermarkets.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.