This unusual soup has a fabulous colour and flavour – you simply must make some!
Per serve: 2
Per recipe: 8
15 minutes preparation
35 minutes cooking
- 5 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 whole butternut squash, peeled deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 medium red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, dissolved in 1.2 litres hot water
- 100g low fat soft cheese
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 60g fat free natural yogurt (4 tablespoons)
- 10g chives, fresh, to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan with calorie controlled cooking spray. Add the onion and cook gently for about 3 minutes, until softened, but not browned.
- Add the butternut squash, red pepper and vegetable stock. Heat until simmering, then cook gently for about 25 minutes, partially covered, until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and add the soft cheese. Blend for about 15 – 20 seconds, until smooth. Return to the saucepan. Add the milk and chopped chives. Reheat and season to taste.
- Ladle into warmed bowls. Serve each portion with 1 tbsp yogurt, a few fresh chives and freshly ground black pepper.
Cook’s tip: Cool, cover and refrigerate any soup that you don’t use, and eat within three days, or freeze the soup to use another time.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.