A tasty alternative to rice, gluten-free buckwheat grains are a source of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals. Super-quick, easy to cook, and perfect for a midweek meal.
Per serve: 8
Per recipe: 33
10 minutes preparation
40 minutes cooking
- 4 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 225g buckwheat, rinsed in cold water
- 1 cube chicken stock, made with 900ml hot water
- 240g salmon, raw, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 300g broccoli, raw, broken into medium florets
- 2 tablespoons dill, fresh, chopped
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons 0% fat natural Greek yoghurt
- Mist a large frying pan with cooking spray and fry the onion and garlic over a medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes until softened. Stir in the buckwheat and cook for another minute or so, before adding 2 ladlefuls of the stock.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring, until the stock has almost all been absorbed, then continue adding the stock in the same way until you have 1 ladleful left – this will take around 25 minutes.
- Add the salmon and the remaining stock to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes. Check that the salmon is cooked through and the buckwheat is tender, but still has a bit of bite.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until tender. Drain and add to the buckwheat, along with the dill, lemon zest and yogurt. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and serve.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.