Enjoy this delicious hearty recipe.
Per serve: 7
Per recipe: 26
20 minutes preparation
2 hours cooking
- 5 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 500g beef sirloin steak, lean, raw, cut into chunks
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 3 sticks celery, cooked, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, raw, sliced
- 1 portion turnip, chopped
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, beef, made up to 850ml
- 175g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sprigs parsley, fresh, chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme, fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 500g potato, raw
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5 / 190°C / 375°F.
- Spray a large flameproof casserole dish with cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the meat a handful at a time, so that it seals and browns. Add the leeks, celery, carrots and turnip and cook for 3 – 4 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the stock, mushrooms, parsley and thyme. Season. Bring up to the boil, then cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, par-boil the potatoes for 10 minutes. Cool and slice.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and layer the potatoes and onion over the top in overlapping layers. Return to the oven and bake for 45 – 50 minutes, without a lid, until the potatoes are browned and crisp.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.