Baby aubergines are marinated in Asian flavours, then oven-roasted until tender and succulent.
Per serve: 9
Per recipe: 34
10 minutes preparation
40 minutes cooking
- 700g baby aubergines, halved lengthways
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Blue Dragon Mirin
- 1 tablespoon Groovy Food Co. Agave Nectar Light & Mild
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 leve teaspoon chilli flakes
- 240g Tesco Thai Fragrant Rice
- 150g peas, fresh or frozen
- 20ml lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon coriander, fresh, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Put the aubergines in a large roasting tray. In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, mirin, agave, soy, peanut butter and chilli flakes. Pour the marinade over the aubergines and stir well to ensure they are well covered. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until soft and sticky.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions. Bring another pan of water to the boil and cook the peas for 3-4 minutes. Drain. When the rice is cooked, drain and add the peas. Squeeze in the lime juice, season and stir through the fresh coriander.
- Serve the sticky aubergines with the rice.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.