Not sure what to do with your leftover pumpkin? Try Safrina Nishad’s delicious pumpkin porridge for breakfast
1 small culinary pumpkin
For the pumpkin porridge:
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup milk (or your favourite dairy-free alternative)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- Toppings of your choice
To make the pumpkin puree base
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop the seeds out and save them for later.
- Roast the pumpkin halves skin side down for 45 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and soft. Leave to cool for 15 minutes and scoop out the flesh. Blitz until smooth in a food processor.
To make the pumpkin porridge
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together oats, milk and maple syrup and cook as per usual (approximately 5 minutes), making sure to stir once in between.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree and top with blueberries, pumpkin seeds and dried mango.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.