Need some inspiration for using up your leftover Halloween pumpkin? Use it in your post-workout smoothie – suggests food blogger Safrina Nishad.
1 small culinary pumpkin
For the green pumpkin smoothie:
- 1/2 cup spinach, loosely packed
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- ½ cup milk (or your favourite dairy-free alternative)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp protein powder (optional)
To make the pumpkin puree base
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop the seeds out and save them for later.
- Roast the pumpkin halves skin side down for 45 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and soft. Leave to cool for 15 minutes and scoop out the flesh. Blitz until smooth in a food processor.
To make the green pumpkin smoothie
- In a blender, add spinach, frozen banana slices, milk, pumpkin puree and protein powder. Blitz until smooth and serve chilled.
Get your Weight Watchers 6 month pass for just £30
Terms and conditions apply.