- 4 rump steaks
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 125ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 50g gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 bunch tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 tsp white miso
- 1 head spring greens
- Using a meat cleaver or rolling pin wrapped in clingfilm, flatten the rump steaks to 1.5cm thick. Cover in 2 tbsp vegetable oil and leave to come to room temperature.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with warm water. Bring to the boil and simmer rapidly for 6 minutes. Remove, drain and cool in iced water, then peel the shell off and discard. Peel off the white and separate from the yolks.
- Mix together the mustard, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, capers, gherkins, shallots, tarragon and parsley. Finely chop the cooked egg white and add to the sauce. Finely grate the yolk, then gently fold in and season to taste.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. When almost smoking, season the steak and cook for 1 minute on each side. Place somewhere warm to rest.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to the same pan. Add the asparagus and miso paste and fry until cooked through. Remove the asparagus from the pan, add the greens (and a little more oil, if necessary) and fry until cooked through.
- Carve the steak into slices and add to plates with the asparagus, greens and sauce gribiche.
Watch Chantelle cooking this delicious recipe in our video:
Recipe by Chantelle Nicholson, courtesy of greatbritishchefs.com