Be a smart snacker with brownie energy balls that give you a sweet fix and power up your energy levels
Made with just six ingredients, these no-bake brownie energy balls deliver a protein hit as well as potassium and iron. Make a big batch at the weekend to fuel your workouts or to satiate your dessert cravings.
- 150g Brazil nuts
- 120g natural dates, chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, to roll
- Place the Brazil nuts in a food processor with the ‘S’ blade and blitz until you have a crumbly texture.
- Add the chopped dates, tahini, cocoa powder and sea salt. Blitz again until all the ingredients come together, but not so it is too sticky or wet. Shape the mixture into 12 equal sized balls.
- Place the chia seeds on a plate and gently roll the energy balls in the chia mixture to roughly coat. You can also try other toppings, such as desiccated coconut, cocoa powder or flaked almonds.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for a couple of hours for a firmer texture. The brownie energy balls will keep well for up to a week when refrigerated in an airtight container.