“Versatile and nutritious it is vibrant in colour – this vegan or vegetarian dish is a really healthy and simple main course” – Bryn Williams
- Rapeseed oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 courgettes
- 3 yellow courgettes
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme leaves
- To begin, add a dash of rapeseed oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook until soft then add the balsamic vinegar.
- Cut the courgettes into 4mm thick slices, season with salt and set aside for 10 minutes. Cut the tomatoes into 4mm thick slices.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Spread the cooked onions in the base of a 30cm x 30cm baking dish. Add layers of yellow and green courgette and tomato on top, alternating between the three until all the ingredients have been used up. Season with salt, pepper and picked thyme as you go.
- Cook for 10–15 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through.
Recipe by Bryn Williams, courtesy of greatbritishchefs.com