Swap your afternoon choccie bar for these chocolate coconut date bars. As well as being refined sugar-free, they contain sunflower seeds for an extra hit of vitamins and minerals.
Makes: 16 bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: None
- 360g medjool dates, pitted
- 100g cacao powder
- 60g desiccated coconut, plus extra to sprinkle
- 30g sunflower seeds, plus extra to sprinkle
- 2 tbsp honey
- Line a 20x20cm tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the dates, cacao powder, coconut, sunflower seeds and honey in a blender with a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp water. Whizz until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Empty the mixture into the tray and press firmly to fill the tray evenly. Sprinkle a little more desiccated coconut and a few sunflower seeds over the top, then press down again. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes before cutting into bars. Store in the fridge.