Where there are crisps, you usually won’t have to search very hard for dips. But, instead of tortilla chips, you could put on a platter of crudités (green pepper, carrot sticks and mange tout are just some ideas to name a few) and dips. You could also try blitzing up your own beetroot hummus for a healthy but delicious treat.
- 500g Beetroot
- 1 x 400g tin of chick peas
- 1/2 medium Orange – juiced
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1tsp Horseradish
- 1tbsp Tahini
- 50ml Olive oil
- 100g Low fat natural yogurt
- Steam beetroot until soft –peel and dice flesh and add with the rest of the ingredients
- Blend all ingredients together and season.
- Serve with crudités – cucumber, pepper, celery, broccoli florets, sugar snap peas & mange tout.