Smoked salmon is a must-have for Christmas, plus it’s a great source of protein and omega-3. Serve on top of toasted gluten-free bread so everyone can tuck in.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 50g cooked beetroot
- ½ tsp grated horseradish
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 2-3 thin slices buckwheat bread
- 75g smoked salmon
- Few dill sprigs to garnish
- Put the beetroot and horseradish in the bowl of a small food processor. Squeeze in the juice from 2 of the lemon wedges and whizz together. Taste to check the seasoning, adding more horseradish if you like it peppery.
- Toast the thinly sliced buckwheat bread, then cut it into 6 small squares (roughly 4cm x 4cm). Top each slice with some beetroot, then the smoked salmon and a sprinkling of dill. Serve with the rest of the lemon wedges.
Want more Christmas canapé ideas? Try The Happy Pear’s no-fry falafel bites with hummus.